Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Tile

Just finished up with the tile.  It went a little smoother than I thought.  I was only there about 1 hour and managed to pick out everything except the kitchen backsplash.
I did learn that the salesperson who helped me will be my "neighbor."  We use that term pretty loosely where I'm from, especially if you live out in the country.  Very sweet lady with three children, two of whom are my kid's age.
This is what I picked out for daughter's bathroom floor, a simple porcelain subway tile.
I think I actually prefer this to the subway, but I didn't have a pic of it at the time to show her.  This came from Lowe's.
This 13x13 is for my son's bathroom.  Colors are rich and earthy.
Again, I think I prefer the pic below to the basic 13x13 tile.  The sample below is also from Lowe's.
This is what I picked out for the entry from garage, laundry, and office nook.  This has a great texture and nice colors.  
The inspiration below was found at Lowe's, but I wasn't crazy about it.  Much prefer the one I picked out today.
The next is for the master.  I love the look of marble but can't afford it.  This is a porcelain tile that will be used on the floor (big, square tiles) and the smaller rectangle on the floor of the shower laid in a herringbone pattern.  Basic white subway tiles in the shower and the decorative glass tile for an accent. Gray grout and gray cabinets will break-up all the white.
So today I learned that the tile store doesn't carry a brick backsplash that really looks like brick.  Tomorrow I'll be meeting with the stone/brick company and will hopefully find what I'm looking for there.  Here's my inspiration:




1 comment:

  1. Hi Jenny. Just want to say "thank you" for your blog. I am having major stress over choosing all of the things involved in building a house. You are such a big help. ~Vicky

    ReplyDelete