Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Plumbing Fixtures

I'm super excited that I got two appointments in one day!

  • Initial meeting on tile
  • Second meeting on plumbing fixtures
My husband has been great about not having an opinion on most things and letting me take the lead; however, there have been a handful of times that I picked something out and he told me he didn't like it.  The faucets were one of those things.  So, back to Ferguson I went.  
Originally I had picked Delta Windmere for everything.  I changed my mind about the powder room faucet and he changed his about the master bath.  I keep trying to tell him that no one is even going to see the master bath faucets and I have an even stronger case now that the fixture he wants is $75 more! (That's $75 for each sink!)
My choice:
His choice:  (Honestly, does that look like it's worth $150 more?)
And the compromise: (Delta Olmsted in Chrome - and cheaper than both of them!)

And just for reference, here's the vanity sconce:

My choice for powder room (think brick walls, hardwood floors, pedestal sink, chrome schoolhouse vanity light):
Still not sure of daughter's bath faucet.  I'm really loving the one on the right.  Delta Cassidy single hole in chrome.  Here are the choices:
 

And again just for reference, here's her vanity fixture:
So with all the changes, our estimate went from $5,329 to $6,117.  Yikes!  Still under our budget, but not enough to brag about.  
A couple of things I learned:
  1. Lowe's may carry a line that isn't available to other suppliers.
  2. Changing a finish or a fixture isn't as simple as it sounds.  You also have to change drains, stops, toilet handles, tub fixtures, tub drains, . . . 
  3. Chrome is cheaper than nickel is cheaper than ORB.
  4. Don't ask the husband what he thinks.








2 comments:

  1. That is an amazing bunch of fixtures! Hopefully they did not strain your resources, and that they don’t cut into the other areas you'd need to spend for, like plumbing and such. Anyway, I hope everything goes according to your plans. Good luck!

    Gordon Patton @ Bison Plumbing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good thing you were able to compromise. Choosing the right pick of fixtures could be difficult thing to do when there are too many options to choose from. And then there’s budget and each preferences to consider. Well, I hope you picked the one that suits your fixtures best. Have a nice day, Jenny!

    Evon Brow @ Athens Plumbing

    ReplyDelete