Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Appliances

So this is the picture that changed it all!  I was looking at the brick, but all he saw was the hood.  I had never actually thought about doing a stainless hood, mainly because I find them to be very industrial looking and that's not my style.  However, paired with the brick backsplash, I think I might love it!  Once he got me on board with the stainless hood, I decided the hood alone might look a little heavy.  It needed some stainless on the bottom to balance it out - not what I initially had in mind as I had already picked out my gas cooktop and microwave/oven wall combo.  So today I went to Ferguson (again) and had the nice lady give me a quote (again) on all the changes.
I'm not crazy about this range because of the oven controls in the back, but since I can't afford one like is pictured above, it seems to be the best option.  It is gas (check), does have a convection feature (check), will balance out the stainless range (check), and is in my price range (double check), so it looks like this is it!

Update:  I've found my new favorite range.  Love this one!  

So if he gets a stainless range, I get a warming drawer (and oh my shall I pay for it!)  I cannot believe how expensive these things are!  But, if I'm only going to have one oven, I can at least keep food warm while the rest is cooking.  : > )
On to the next obstacle; this changes my cabinet layout.  Yep, the one I just met about yesterday.  I suppose it's not entirely uncommon for people building custom homes to change their minds on things, but I do feel bad that the cabinet lady will have to re-do some of her work.  I am hoping that eliminating the hood and drawers under the cooktop will decrease the estimate (to make-up for my warming drawer).  

No comments:

Post a Comment