Thursday, February 28, 2013

Drop Cloth Curtains


If you frequent blogland much, this won't be anything new to you.  I'm not really sure why I didn't do this sooner, especially since I spent about $60 on living room curtains that would have worked great for this project.  It's super simple and super affordable.  That's a combination you can't beat.
These are some of my favorites I found on the web.
Decor Allure
The Old White Cottage
The Old White Cottage
Lily Button Design
So here's the story:  I've been on the lookout for some curtain panels to hang in the playroom/den for awhile.  I originally thought the matchstick shades would do the trick, but the room was just missing something.  It was converted from a garage, so the window placement is a little funny.  There are three windows and all three start at the ceiling, so the 84' panels that are found everywhere won't work.  I didn't want a lot of $ in them, and even though I'm adding color to the room, I didn't really want it in the curtains.  
My first trip to Wal-Mart was a failure.  They had like a 9x20.  Um, a little big.  The color was good, but after getting it home I decided that cutting it in half and sewing having someone sew two sides was just a little too much work, so it went in the return pile.  The next night I went to Lowe's.  I finally located the size I needed and guess what?  SOLD OUT!  Seriously?  Did everyone in BG have the same idea as me?  But what was that?  Up on the VERY TOP SHELF. . . . Yep, a whole box of 6x9 cloth drop cloths!  I'll take two!  
After a good washing, lots of fabric softener, and a couple of hours of ironing, they were ready to hang.

I - AM - IN - LOVE!  

So here's the full length picture (yep, that's my camper you see in the window).  
The clip rings were on clearance at Lowe's for $5.  I had to buy three packs of 7 since the curtains are so wide.  They were silver, but a little bit of spray paint fixed that.  
Hope you love them as much as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment