Friday, February 8, 2013

These are a few of my favorite things



My husband's step-father has been telling me about this forever, but it's one of those things that never makes it on my grocery list.  I finally remembered to look for it one day at Wal-Mart when I was in the cleaner aisle and found it tucked away on the bottom shelf.  It was fairly cheap, only a couple of bucks and I grabbed me up a can.  
My stainless steel sink was the first thing I cleaned.  While it didn't remove all the scratches (not sure that anything will), it did give it a really good cleaning.  
Since our stove is just a couple of months old, it really didn't need it that badly, but I went ahead and cleaned the smooth top surface.  The cleaner is a bit grimey - kind of like Comet.  I used a damp sponge to give it the consistency of a paste, but it was still a bit difficult to get all of the cleaner off of the stove top.
Then I tackled my pots and pans.  This is where the cleaner worked the best.  I have some fairly expensive Calphalon cookwear that is so hard to clean.  It had several grease spots that I could not scrub off.  The Bar Keepers Friend made it look new!  
There are a million other things this stuff can be used on.  Again, for the money, this stuff works great!

No comments:

Post a Comment