Friday, February 22, 2013

Feeling Inspired

I'm feeling inspired - maybe because of this wonderful wonderful new blog I've found (more about that in another post), maybe because I'm tired of all the tan, cream and gray in my house, maybe because I'm sooooooooo ready for Spring and the colors that it brings.  
After lots of debating, I've decided to infuse some blue, yellow and orange into the house.  These projects are really about repurposing some of the things in my house that are stuck in closets or hiding under a bed.  So, on a weeknight trip to Wal-Mart, I scored BIG  TIME!  I was immediately drawn to a Robin's Egg Blue color and couldn't believe that it was the ONE BLUE COLOR that they sold in a tester.  They also had a really pretty golden yellow and orange in a tester, so I picked up those too!
I was itching to paint something but really wanted to make sure the color was right before I took the plunge.  Who knew that a quick trip in TJ Maxx would give me just what I needed!  
Pillow, flower pot, and lanterns (in bag) from TJ.  Crate from Rock Garden.  Wooden hanging boxes from Decor Steals.
This pillow is gorgeous!  It has all the colors in it I'm looking to incorporate and has varying shades of blue.  I really must add another photo of the front and back.  Seriously in love.  
I was so excited to break out my blue paint that I didn't even take a before picture.  Luckily, I bought TWO lanterns.  These were a great size, looked fairly simple to paint, perfect design (LOVE the Xs) and were only $10 each!
Before on right - after on left.
This is the Glidden tester in Deepest Aqua.  I paid $2.94 for it at Wal-Mart.  It looks like there were some coupons floating around on the web back in August and you could get it for $.94, but that was then and this is now.  I still didn't think the price was bad considering it had a built-in brush which means NO CLEAN UP FOR ME!! (Score!)  Since I only plan on painting some frames and accessories, the built-in brush should work fine.  
Here's the finished product!  I love, love, love the lanterns and can't WAIT to see how they look on the mantle.  

Till next time!
JH

No comments:

Post a Comment