Tuesday, January 15, 2013

It's Suppertime!

This is one of my favorite cookbooks I own.  My kids go to Rich Pond now and are in Kindergarten and Second grade, but I've had the cookbook for several years.  It has tons of quick fixes in it, and it's kind of neat that I now work with a lot of the students who submitted the recipes.  (I'm at the high school and Rich Pond is one of our feeder schools.)  As you can see by all of my page tags, there are several recipes I've marked.  Since we got out of school a little early today (for ice or snow or something that never came), I had a little extra time and thought I'd try the Buffalo Chicken Enchiladas with Creamy Ranch Sauce (Wow - That was a mouthful!)

1 can of cream of chicken
1 c. sour cream ranch dip 
2/3 c. green onions, chopped (I omitted these - we're not fans)
3 c. chicken, cooked and chopped (I used two of the frozen chicken breasts, thawed them, boiled them and cubed them and also added a can of diced chicken.  This provided plenty of chicken!)
3/4 c. buffalo wing sauce
1 pkg. flour tortillas for soft tacos and fajitas
3 c. shredded cheese

Preheat oven to 350.  Spray 13/9 inch glass baking dish with cooking spray.  In small bowl, mix soup, dip and 1/3 cup of onions.  In large bowl, mix chicken and buffalo wing sauce until coated.  Spoon 2 T soup mixture down the center of each tortilla; set remaining mixture aside.  Fill each tortilla with chicken and a little cheese.  Roll and lay seam side down in baking dish.  Spoon remaining soup mixture over filled tortillas.  Cover tightly with foil.  Bake 40-45 minutes until hot and bubbly.  Remove from oven.  Uncover, sprinkle with more cheese and bake for an additional 5 minutes.  


Let cool and enjoy!  You can definitely heat things up with this dish depending on the type of buffalo wing sauce you buy.  I bought the Kroger brand in mild and decided it even it was a little too hot for the kids.  
Overall, it's a really simple dish that makes great leftovers the next day.    


TTFN!
Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment