Thursday, December 27, 2012

All Alone

I hate clutter.  I mean I am constantly cleaning out and organizing everything in sight.  I noticed the clutter a lot less when we were in our old house, but when you lose the square footage equivalent to a small house, you just have to have some clutter.  The other thing is, as much as I hate clutter, I love to be surrounded by things that I love.  My husband often laughs at me as I walk from one end of the house to another carrying a picture frame trying to find the perfect spot.  
So, when I find myself with some alone time, I spend it cleaning the house (and moving things around).   For the last four years, Daryl has gone on a hunting trip right after Christmas.  It's a good time for the kids to visit the grandparents and me to clean and move picture frames.  : - )  As a sat down for a minute to take in the view of my newly cleaned floors, I noticed some "clutter".  It was the refrigerator door.  There are so many things on the door you can't tell if it's stainless steel or avocado green.  A picture of Briley that hung on the Leader in Me bulletin board at her school, Brady's certificate for being named Leader of the Month, Briley's reindeer she made for her Dad, Brady's letter to Santa, the chore chart, and many other masterpieces and momentos.  Just as I was about to clean it all off, I realized, there will come a day when I don't have these precious pieces to display.  They are a sweet reminder of the beautiful gifts I have been given.  I think they shall stay a bit longer.  


No comments:

Post a Comment