Thursday, May 5, 2016

Kitchen

Someone asked in an earlier post about the brick backsplash.  We've been in our home nearly 8 months and the brick in the kitchen and powder room is still one of my favorite features.  I do wonder if I should have taken the brick all the way to the ceiling.  We debated this as the brick was going up and decided it made more sense to stop where we did.

When you look at the wall from this angle, you'll see what the issues was.  If we took the brick to the ceiling on the main wall with the stove, there isn't a good stopping point on the short wall and the wall with the doorway.

The kitchen itself it probably my favorite room.  We spend all of our time in the kitchen or in the adjoining tv room.  If we're not outside eating on the back porch, we're eating at the kitchen island.  The kids do their homework at the island while I'm cooking.  There's tons of storage and tons of counter space.  It has a great view of the backyard and is open to the tv room, so I can easily keep my eyes on the kids.  

1 comment:

  1. I love the pictures of your home. My husband and I are in the process of tweaking a Garrell Amicalola design now. Would you be interested in contacting me through email? I'm at kim@sbspickwick.com. We are in southwest Tennessee and would very much like to see one of these beautiful homes before we start building. Thanks! Kim

    ReplyDelete