Saturday, December 5, 2015

Getting settled

Maybe someday I will have time to go through our home, room by room, and blog about everything I've done and everything I love, but that day is not today.
We are busy living in our home and enjoying it!  And because it tis the season to enjoy family and friends, that is exactly what we are doing. . . in our home!
This beautiful wooden tray came from the Pottery Barn outlet.  I filled it with burlap, miniature pumpkins, pine cones, and deer antlers that my husband has picked up over the years.  

The dining room table set for Thanksgiving.

This is one of my favorite rooms and no matter how many pictures I take, I just can't do it justice.  

This was my first attempt using real greenery.  I have always used a fake garland around my front door but wanted to do something different this year.  I love it!





















Add caption







The stockings were hung. . 

3 comments:

  1. These are awesome. We are building the same Garrell plan and I have been following you closely. Any changes you would make in retrospect or any things you are glad you did? Any advice?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So far, the only thing I wish I would have done differently was put a small prep sink close to the beverage fridge. That's it! I LOVE this house!
    Two things I'm really happy we did: 1) we have two doors into the laundry room, one from the mudroom area and a pocket door on the opposite side leading to kid's bedrooms. 2) move the door to the study around the corner so it's across from the door to the master bedroom. 3) (I thought of one more) I love having a drop zone on the right when you walk in from garage. It's perfect to put mail, bills, family calendar, keys, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the idea of 2 & 3, could you post pics of each so i can incorporate? And can I get a pic of your pantry if you have one? We are struggling there. Thank so much your pics have really helped us.

    ReplyDelete