Sunday, August 30, 2015

Looking forward to the week ahead!

We are just a few weeks from completion and this weekend was a rare weekend off from baseball for my little boy, so we spent it furniture shopping!  Bowling Green has limited shopping options and it seems I'm a bit spoiled by the prices I see on Wayfair and Joss and Main!  The problem is if it's a main furniture piece that costs mores than $500 I'm reluctant to purchase it sight unseen.  The list is long since we are more than doubling the size of our home and many of the pieces we currently have just won't work.
I also feel like I need to see the main pieces in the room, like the couches I've already purchased, before I decide on accent pieces and rugs.  I'm certain it will be months before I can even begin to have a complete room!
The floors are all in so painting can be completed.  I'm still amused at the order in which builders choose to do things.  So, for anyone following who is building and has a different order, we still have wall paint, light fixtures, appliances, some backsplash tile, closet units, and door knobs.
Speaking of closet units, I'm super excited about a delivery we are expecting tomorrow.  We really wanted solid shelving in our master closet, but after pricing a closet system, similar to ClosetMaid, the price was out of our budget.  And, I really couldn't say I even like it.  It looked very modular and modern with the vertical pieces on the wall that you could adjust the shelving on.  We checked with our builder about having it made, but he said it really wouldn't save us that much money.  So, I started searching the internet which led me to IKEA.  Since the closest IKEA to us is over 4 hours away, I really didn't think this was an option either, but they had a really neat planning tool that was easy to use, so I designed what I would want based on the dimensions of our closet anyway.  The price was WELL below our other estimates, but that still left the issue of renting a UHaul and spending an entire day going to get it.  Then I realized we could have it delivered FOR LESS THAN $400, which STILL put it in our budget!  So, tomorrow, we are getting 6 of the large white PAX units delivered with custom accessories like a tie rack, pull out shoe racks, drawers, and adjustable clothes rods.  While I was at it, I went ahead and purchased a shoe rack/bench for the garage and an unfinished dresser to go in the closet for more drawer storage.  I can't wait to see it all put together and installed!
Appliances get delivered Tuesday.  They've been in for weeks, and HH Gregg was kind enough to store them until we were ready for them.
I'm still undecided about what to do in the pantry.  I'm loving the industrial pipe shelving I'm seeing on Pinterest, but want to make sure it will look okay in our space.
Will post lots of pictures this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment