Thursday, July 2, 2015

Day 148 Update

There wasn't tons of work done at this house this week, but I got several things confirmed so we'll be ready to go when the rain moves out.


  • Concrete in garage was poured
  • Apron, back patio, and front sidewalk were prepped.  We're using a stamped and stained concrete for those areas as well as the front porch and covered back porch.
  • Picked out a Chesapeke dry stacked stone veneer for the interior and exterior fireplaces and interior columns.
  • Ordered garage doors
  • Tile in master bath shower was finished
  • Faucets were finalized
  • Chose trim, soffet, and gutter colors
Some of the built-ins should be in this week or beginning of next.  I'm excited to see them.  And HVAC will be installed next week. 

I never asked because I didn't want to get hung up on a date, but builder says we're about 6 weeks away.  Yay!

4 comments:

  1. Jenny- I was so thrilled to find your blog today! My husband and I plan to build some version of the Garrell Associates Tranquility or Amnicalola plan on our 23 acre farm just north of White House, TN. I have been reading up on anything I could find online and was so happy to find an actual house under contruction not too far from us!. We currently live just over the TN/KY border near Portland, about 30 minutes south of Bowling Green. I would be so grateful for an opportunity to walk through your home while you are still building, or even just see it from the outside. I would also be interested in hearing about experiences with some of the subcontractors that you used. The guy who did the custom blinds in my current home came from Bowling Green and he was great. I also have a friend who lives there who is building soon and would be interested in this information as well. My email is melissacooknp@gmail.com. I look forward to hearing from you. Your house is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm so glad you found it! I looked for information on this house for at least two years and found so little that I vowed to blog about it if we ever built. I hope it's been helpful and will be in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I am also from White House, TN and we are looking to build this home as well!!!
    I just spent the past hour catching up to this point on your blog and couldn't be more grateful that I've found you!

    Looking forward to more updates and ANY SUGGESTIONS on how you cut down on the costs... I've been reading that the cost to build this bad boy is pretty steep!

    Emily Cain
    emilygcain@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Emily! I've e-mailed you some information to your gmail account! Keep checking back for more updates!

      Delete