Thursday, May 7, 2015

Exterior Surprise!

It had been a few days since I'd been out to the house because I didn't really think there was much to see.  Today we met with our builder and stone layer (is that the correct term?) to decide exactly where the stone would go.  Side note- I think I posted previously about my husband wanting the stone broken into smaller pieces which requires someone using a jackhammer to break up each piece thereby adding a great deal of cost to our otherwise moderately priced natural Tennessee Fieldstone.  So.....where we originally wanted to have stone on some of the bump-outs, we will now only have it on the bottom.  Our builder assured us that even by cutting back on the stone, our house would still have plenty of character.  
Now for the surprise...they had bricked nearly all of the back of the house!  WOW!  I had no idea they had even delivered brick!   


No comments:

Post a Comment